The World Famous Kana
When you see her in person, as I did at SHIMMER three weeks ago, her size is surprising -- she's a small wrestler. She is not large, not overly muscular, not body-builder thin, not a high flyer, not tattooed or pierced. So what is it about Kana? Good question. Well here are ten reasons that I'm a fan -- a mark -- a huge fan!
Photos by Luke Matsuki, David Falcon, and others.
1. She's got bad-ass bitch confidence!
Kana making her entrance
2. She knows how to use entrance gimmicks to perfection: mask, sword, open kimono, makeup, etc.
Kana at a makeup match tag team event
3. She as awesome, sexy wrestling gear!
Kana has Mia Yim in an armbar @ SHIMMER
4. She's so bad-ass that she wrestles barefoot.
Kana prone outside the ring
5. She is all business outside the ring.
Kana at a SMASH press conference
6. Everything she does in the ring is sexy and fierce!
Kana in control
7. She strikes hard -- go hard or go home!
Kana strikes Akebono
8. She is amazing connecting with her worldwide fans on Twitter.
Fan art by Michael Liao
Follow Kana at http://twitter.com/#!/k_a_n_a_
9. She is amazing connecting with fans in person.
Kana attending to a fan
10. She is pushes the boundaries, embraces the outrageous, and continues to defy catagories -- she is The World Famous Kana!
Kana v Akebono
Kana with her war paint